Friday, September 7, 2012

Banana Leaf Ironing

I remember the old way of ironing clothes.When i was like 7 year old i saw my grandmother, She would always put banana leaves underneath the iron for resting in between uses. It makes the clothes smell good like earthy, full of nature. Only people that used it understands what i am saying.
I almost forgot this technique, good thing somebody reminded me about the benefit of using banana leaf.

Now i will try to use this old method again because this is really helpful even if you use steam iron or not it doesn't matter.
It seems that the iron will move smoothly if banana leaves are used. It appears that the organic wax from the leaves enabled the iron to glide over even the stickiest of fabrics. I was also told that the leaves would also help to clean the stains from the iron.Try this at home and see for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment